- Do Business Here
- Planning + Development
- On the Street
- Events + Sponsorship
- NEWS + RESOURCES
Downtown Yonge B.I.A. respects your privacy and is committed to protecting the information you share with us. We recognize the importance of protecting your privacy and have created this policy to show our commitment to your privacy. The purpose of this policy is to explain the practices and procedures we implement to protect your personal information, the way we use this information and the choices you can make regarding our use of your personal information.
We are committed to protecting your privacy rights and personal information. We are responsible for the protection of your personal information collected through our offices, website, programs, and activities. Personal information includes your name, address and other contact information. Only authorized employees have access to your information.
2. Identifying Purposes
We will identify the purpose for collecting any personal information from you before or at the time of collection. Downtown Yonge B.I.A. collects information provided to us by our visitors, such as in our contact forms, newsletter signup and business directory. Downtown Yonge B.I.A. may use this personal information to advise users of new online materials, activities and events.
Personal information will only be collected with your knowledge and consent. Downtown Yonge B.I.A. will not collect, share or use any personal information without your consent and you may withdraw your consent at any time by contacting us.
4. Limiting Collection
You may browse Downtown Yonge B.I.A. websites without submitting any personal information. However, if you choose to fill out our contact form, follow us on social media, join our newsletter or business directory or check in with foursquare, you may be asked for applicable personal data such as (but not limited to) your name, e-mail address, phone number, or date of birth. We only collect personal information relevant to the purposes that have been identified and the information is obtained fairly and lawfully. The purpose of collecting such data is to assist Downtown Yonge B.I.A. in contacting individuals with relevant information.
5. Limiting Use, Disclosure, and Retention
Your personal information will not be used or disclosed for purposes other than those for which it was collected.
Personal information included in specific questions submitted to Downtown Yonge B.I.A. is used solely as internal market research to help us to serve you better. All other information entered on this site is used for aggregate demographic analysis only and no personally identifiable information is included in these analyses.
Downtown Yonge B.I.A. never shares your personal information with third parties without your consent.
Personal information shall be as accurate, complete, and up to date as is necessary for the purposes for which it is to be used.
7. Individual Access
You may access your personal information or opt out of Downtown Yonge B.I.A. communications at any time by contacting us directly.
If you have subscribed to any newsletter published by Downtown Yonge B.I.A., you may unsubscribe by following the instructions in the e-mail containing the newsletter. Your e-mail address is never shared with third parties without your express consent.
A cookie is a small amount of data which is sent to your browser from a website's server. This information is then available to the website's server to track visitor access, to recognize repeat visitors, and to facilitate a visitor's use of the site.
9. Changes to this Policy
Linking to Downtown Yonge B.I.A.'s Websites
Downtown Yonge B.I.A. encourages and permits text links to content on its website(s), provided that any such links follow these guidelines:
1. Downtown Yonge B.I.A. does not allow framing of its website(s), or use of other techniques that may alter in any way their visual presentation or appearance of its website(s). When setting up a link to Downtown Yonge B.I.A.'s website(s), it should open in a new Web browser window rather than displaying the pages in a frame of the linking site's Web template.
2. Downtown Yonge B.I.A. does not allow other websites to copy and reuse information or material(s) from its websites without specific, written permission.
3. Downtown Yonge B.I.A. shall have no responsibility or liability for any content appearing on your website. You agree to indemnify and defend Downtown Yonge B.I.A. against all claims arising out of or based upon your website.
4. Downtown Yonge B.I.A. reserves the right to withdraw permission for any link at any time.
Linking from Downtown Yonge B.I.A.’s Websites
1. When Downtown Yonge B.I.A.'s website(s) links to other sites maintained by third parties, over which Downtown Yonge B.I.A. has no control, Downtown Yonge B.I.A. does not assume any responsibility or liability for any communications or materials available at the sites to which it links, including responsibility or liability for their accuracy or for any damages resulting or arising from the use of any of their products and/or services.
A link on Downtown Yonge B.I.A.’s website does not imply endorsement or recommendation by Downtown Yonge B.I.A. The links are shown solely for users' information and convenience. Users should do their own diligence to determine what products and/or services are right for their use.
2. Downtown Yonge B.I.A. does not provide links from its website(s) to external sites except as specified by a pre-existing sponsorship agreement/contract, partnership, or other contractual business relationship.
Downtown Yonge B.I.A. reserves the right to add, modify and delete these guidelines at any time at Downtown Yonge B.I.A.’s sole discretion.